- TOOL KITS
- A. The NEXT Step
- B. Promoting Independence
- C. Phone Apps
- D. Return to Work
- E. Motivational Interviewing
- F. Paediatric Brain Injury Rehabilitation Resources
Toolkit E: Motivational Interviewing
Conversations about change
Motivational interviewing is interviewing to help people to change.
It is :
- communication with particular attention to
- the language of change.
It is particularly useful in working with people with TBI in rehabilitation.
It has a good evidence base.
It is different to a more directive approach common in some clinical settings.
This Toolkit is designed to provide a sufficient introduction to you so you can:
- Understand what Motivational Interviewing is
- Identify what it looks like in practice and how it can be used
- See further steps you can take to develop your understanding and skills